Friday, February 9, 2007

Are You Nervous Yet?

You could say that people are what they are regardless of what they do, but there is something quite disturbing about an astronaut that wigs out. I'm a baby boomer and growing up when I did meant there are a few things that you hold sacred. Astronauts, police and firemen were icons of my youth. Now I have to look over my shoulder and wonder who is going to go postal next. I suppose our astronaut has a good case for insanity. Let's face it flying around in space isn't exactly your normal occupation. Who knows, Martians could be pelting the space shuttle with crazy rays. It could be a good defense. What were you thinking when you drove all that way to confront the "Other Woman". "Well your honor it was the Martians. I saw rays coming from Mars and it made me feel a little funny and before I new it I was in Florida waring my space diaper". What is going on in this world. Maybe it was the fluoride in the water. I'm starting to look over my shoulder, under my car and in and in my under ware drawer. Some of my neighbors get in fist fights right on their front lawns. The husband usually loses. If they wave and say hi I feel like diving behind a tree. You start to back away from little old ladies. "Sonny could you help me with......."OK LADY HERE IS MY WALLET. JUST DON'T SHOOT". Personally I think all those elderly people that claim to have missed the brake and hit the gas are just failed ram raid attempts. How about cops robbing banks. All the training on catching bank robbers and all the radios, guns, amour and forensics that are put into catching them and a cop thinks he can beat the system. There is a problem with the thought process there. Something like trying to go through the door before opening it. I have a feeling that the Darwin Awards are going to expand significantly in the near future.

No comments: